CBE’s cigarette vending software solution featured in the recent edition of the UK ACS Newsletter. The article in full has been published below.
Is your store ready for the Tobacco Display Ban?
The Tobacco Display Ban will come in to force for small stores on the 6th April 2015; Cigarette Vending Machines integrated with CBE’s award winning Futa Till EPoS software assist stores to comply with the legislation by removing the tobacco products from view of the customer.
Importantly for retailers, there are also a number of other key advantages to the system:
- Improves speed and accuracy of service and customer engagement
- Eliminates pilferage of tobacco products by staff and deters thieves
- Frees up space behind the counter for other high value products
- In store image building and customer communication
- Prevents an underage cashier from selling tobacco products
- Assists in determining if the customer attempting to purchase tobacco products is underage
How it works
The cashier chooses the tobacco product from a graphical interface on the till which includes clear product descriptions and a search function. The product is dispensed from the Cigarette Vending Machine and automatically added to the sale. This efficient system ensures that the correct product is vended and improves customer service by reducing transaction times.
This simple yet powerful system combines the best electronic vending units with user friendly technology to control access to tobacco products, in turn deterring thieves and eliminating shrinkage.
CBE’s award winning software package offers real-time visibility and sales data of all tobacco transactions. Combining this with live stock control it can also assist the retailer in minimising under and over ordering.
A full suite of reports are also available to complement the system.